Saturday, March 28, 2009

Chloe in the hospital

This past week Chloe has been very sick. She was in the ER 3 times and finally they admitted her. This is the only picture that we took of her. I didn't have my camera with me and I didn't leave her side to go home and get it. She is doing much better now. The doctors seem to think that this is the start of asthma. She was wheezing so bad and was having a hard time breathing. They put her on several breathing treatments and started steriods to help her lungs. The albuterol (the medicine they use in breathing treatments) made her heart rate elevate and made her so hyper that she wouldn't sleep. Therefore, if baby doesn't sleep, mommy doesn't sleep either.
She was such a trooper. She kept chewing on her IV tubing and pulled off her heart monitor multiple times. We ended up having to put a sock on over her pulse-ox meter on her toe because she would pull that off as well.
We are so glad that she is home now, even though we have to give her lots of medicine and give her breathing treatments. We are thankful that it wasn't anything more serious.
This picture is Chloe in the wagon going for LOTS of walks on the pediatric floor. She loved the wagon and enjoyed her walks. We had to do something to calm her down after being hyper for so long!!! We now will have to invest in a Radio Flyer wagon!!!!!

She looks so adorable in her little hospital gown!!!!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

That is such a cute picture - despite the circumstance... poor thing. That must be the hardest age for the hospital. We had to take Jake to the ER recently - longest 4 hours of my life! I hope she gets better!

Stephanie said...

Poor baby. I can sympathize right along with you..sydnie was in the er/hospital at 9 mo\nths with NO pacifier....finally I called scott at 5am adn begged him to wake up the kids and bring me a pacifier! :-) I hope sweet little Chloe gets better soon!!!

Jen said...

I am so sorry that she was so sicK! Jesse got RSV at 3 months and was in the PICU for 6 days. They had to incubate him for those 6 days so he could breath. Then a year ago she had a hard time breathing and ended up in the ER again with Asthma this time. So we now have all the asthma things now so I hope we don't have to do that again.